Cod Steak Burgers
Makes: 4 burgers
Time: 30 minutes + thawing
Age: 18+ months
4 mini wholemeal buns
4 gem lettuce leaves
2 skinless and boneless frozen cod steaks
1 small egg
3 Tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp plain flour
1 Tbsp cream cheese
2 tsp fresh chives
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- Thoroughly defrost the cod steaks in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds on a plate and mix well to combine.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl and put the flour on another plate.
- Pat the fish steaks dry and cut them in half lengthwise to make 4 squares.
- Coat each in the flour, then dip in the egg and then cover with the sesame breadcrumbs. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake at 200C for 12-15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Cut the buns in half, place them on a baking tray and pop in the oven to warm up for the last 2-3 minutes, while the fish finishes cooking.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chives and put in a bowl with the cream cheese, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Spread the cream cheese on each half of the buns.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each bottom bun, top with the fish steak and cover with the other half of the bun.
- You can keep leftover steaks in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Assemble the burgers just before serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (133g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin B 12||0.6ug (24%)||0.8ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)