Homemade Pizza for Kids
Makes: 20cm pizza - 8 slices
Time: 35 minutes + resting
Age: 12+ months
90g dry chickpeas
60g grated mozzarella
50g sweet red pepper
50g tomato passata
30g grated cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp sweetcorn
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp garlic powder
- In a blender, thoroughly blitz the chickpeas to form a fine flour.
- Slowly add the water to the flour, pulsing. Mix well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the oil and mix well.
- Cover with cling film or a kitchen towel and set aside to rest for 2h, mixing every now and then.
- Preheat the oven to 220C, brush a little oil on a 20cm round pizza tray and line it with parchment paper.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the foam that formed on the chickpea mixture and discard.
- Pour the mixture in the pizza tray making sure it is evenly spread.
- Bake in the bottom of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the passata in a bowl. Season it with the oregano and garlic powder and mix well.
- Thinly slice the broccoli florets, carrots and peppers.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the oven, cover the base with the tomato passata, sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar and lay the vegetables on top.
- Put back in the oven on the top shelf for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Leftover slices will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days and you can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Warm them up in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-12 minutes or until completely defrosted and warmed through.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (81g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||178ug (22%)||145ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)