Salmon and Avocado Fritters
Makes: 12 fritters
Time: 45 minutes
Age: 12+ months
130g sweet red bell pepper
120g boneless and skinless fresh salmon fillet
2 medium eggs
1 garlic clove
½ medium avocado
2 Tbsp spring onion
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Place the salmon on the foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the red pepper and finely chop the parsley, garlic and spring onion.
- In a small pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the pepper, parsley, onion and garlic and mix well to combine.
- When the salmon is ready, break it in flakes with a fork and add to the egg and avo mixture. Stir until incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and place a tablespoon of the mixture on it to form a disk.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and flip the fritter once the bottom is golden and crispy.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- You can store leftover fritters in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (31g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin C||43mg (54%)||13mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)