Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce Recipe
Makes: 6 portions
Time: 15 minutes
Age: 12+ months
300g butternut squash noodles
150ml unsweetened almond milk
100g cauliflower florets
1 garlic clove
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
- Steam the kale, cauliflower florets and garlic for 6-10 minutes, until tender.
- In a blender, add the steamed veg and the milk and blitz until creamy.
- Meanwhile, put the squash noodles in a bowl and cover with cling film. Pierce the cling film in 3 spots and cook in the microwave on full power (800W) for 2 minutes.
- Carefully peel back the film and stir the noodles. Cover again and cook for 1 more minute.
- Dress the noodles with the sauce, the thyme and drizzle with the olive oil.
- You can freeze leftover noodles and veg sauce in separate containers for up to 3 months. Thoroughly defrost and heat both before dressing and serving.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (110g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin A (reteq)||145ug (18%)||160ug|
|Vitamin C||25mg (31%)||28mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)