Green Muffins Recipe: Discover an Easy Recipe
Makes: 12 muffins
Time: 35 minutes
Age: 12+ months
210ml whole milk
120g whole wheat flour
90g rolled oats
60g fresh baby leaves spinach
30g natural plain yoghurt
2 large eggs
2 medium ripe bananas
2 Tbsp almonds
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly oil a 12 holes muffin tin.
- In a blender, blitz the oats to make a fine flour.
- Put the oat flour in a bowl with the whole wheat flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Put the nuts and seeds in the blender and pulse to grind. Put it in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the spinach, milk, yoghurt, eggs, bananas, cinnamon and vanilla to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring to combine without overmixing.
- Scoop some of the batter in each hole, only filling ¾.
- Sprinkle the ground nuts and seeds on top of the muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until a skewer in the centre comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (73g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Thiamin (B1)||0.22mg (20%)||0.16mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.24mg (17%)||0.18mg|
|Biotin (B7)||8.96ug (18%)||6.54ug|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)