Have you ever tried a roasted vegetable recipe before? If not you are definitely in for a treat. Try this Mexican vegetable recipe with cauliflower rice.
Dressing ingredients for the roasted veggies:
- Juice of one lime
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp diced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt (go easy if under 12 months)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Half a head of cauliflower blitzed to a cous cous consistency
- Good few dollops of coconut milk
- Handful chopped parsley
- S&P as desired
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup boiled rice of choice
- 1.5 cups of cashews soaked in hot water for 2 hours then drained
- 1.25 cups of hot water
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Combine all the dressing ingredients then toss the vegetables in it. I used sweet potato, courgettes (zucchini) and peppers.
- Lay the dressed vegetables on a baking try and bake on 180oC / 360oF for ~25 minutes (until veggies are soft / slightly crisp).
- Prepare cauliflower rice by heating some oil in a pan, adding the cauliflower rice ingredients to a pan and warming through slowly.
- Plate up with plum tomatoes, avocado slices, ice burg lettuce and cashew cream as desired.