NUTELLA PUFF PASTRY PIES
A soft, creamy and gooey chocolatey filling, wrapped in layers and layers of flakey buttery pastry, finished with a little drizzle of more Nutella for good measure!
Parents, we've got your next moment of free time covered with these delicious Nutella Puff Pastry Pies. Pair the pies fresh from the oven with a hot steaming coffee, or freshly brewed cup of tea for the ultimate me-time.
So sit back, relax and enjoy every bite. You deserve it!
( makes 8 pies)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 8 heaped teaspoons of Nutella
- 4 thick banana slices
- 4 strawberry halves
- 1 egg (for egg wash) (alternatively use milk or almond milk)
For serving: powdered sugar, more Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Open the puff pastry sheet, and cut it into 8 rectangular shapes (first in half both ways, then cut each half in quarters).
- Place a heaped teaspoon of Nutella on one side of each rectangle. Press a banana slice or a strawberry half into the Nutella.
- Fold the pastry to close the pies. Press a fork around the edges to make sure it’s tightly sealed.
- Brush the pastries with egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving (the filling is very hot!).
- Dust with powdered sugar and (optionally) drizzle over some more Nutella!