February 18, 2019
VEGAN CHILLI WITH SOY MINCE
This vegan chilli packs in plenty of vegetables and doesn’t fall short on the flavour front. Serve it with rice or potatoes for proper filling supper.
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 200g of meat free soya mince
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup of veggie broth
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- (Optional) salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Stir in the minced soy, chopped bell pepper and diced tomatoes, then cook for a few minutes.
- Add kidney beans, corn, veggie broth and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice.